Sunday 6 November 2011

Almond Ice cream


I thought it was only appropriate to start off this blog with something sundae related. I invented this recipe to use up a surplus of double cream in the fridge. It is easy to make and includes ingredients usually found in the kitchen cupboards. 


Separate the eggs and whip to fluffy peaks – add the yolks
Mix in the jersey cream and add sugar until it reaches sweetness
Toast the almonds and crumble the biscuits and chuck them in
Add vanilla essence to taste
Once you are happy with the flavours, blend and freeze.

 3 eggs  - separated and whipped.
6ooml of double cream
Vanilla sugar to taste
A handful of toasted slices of almonds
3 amaretto biscuits crumbled
I teaspoon of almond essence (to taste)



 I wanted the almond flavour to come through quite strongly which is why I felt it was important that the flavour should come from an number of almond based products. The toasted almonds and crushed amaretto biscuits add some crunch, which contrasts the silky smoothness of the ice cream.
 

To serve the ice cream I put three scoops into a small bowl and sprinkled almond slivers over the top. If serving to friends I think i would also put some wrapped amaretto biscuits on the table as i love their wrapping and i think they would compliment the ice cream well.


No comments:

Post a Comment